Cruiseport Boston FAQs
Some Frequently Asked Questions About Cruiseport Boston
- What is the address of the cruise terminal?
Cruiseport Boston's main terminal – Black Falcon Cruise Terminal – is located at:
1 Black Falcon Avenue, Boston, MA 02210.
- Is there parking near the cruise terminal?
- Stay straight on Black Falcon Avenue. The C1 parking lot, located on Terminal Street, is the second open lot on your left. Please note: Black Falcon Avenue turns into Terminal Street. The lot is open air and does not have any height restrictions. Ticketed cruise passengers receive a special rate of $20 per 24-hour period. Cash, Visa or MasterCard are accepted. For hourly rates, you will need to contact the BRA/EDIC Garage directly at (617) 482-2487. Reservations are not accepted.
- How much is cab fare from Logan Airport to the cruise terminal?
The cost to take a cab from the airport to the cruise terminal is approximately $25.
- Can I take public transportation to the cruise terminal?
Cruiseport Boston is easily served by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s (MBTA) Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit Service. If you are coming from South Station (located roughly a mile from the cruise terminal and also a stop on the MBTA’s “Red Line” underground subway system) you will need to get on an SL2 bus and get off at the “Drydock Avenue” stop. The cruise terminal is on Black Falcon Avenue, across from the Design Center.
If you are coming from Boston’s Logan International Airport you will need to get on an SL1 bus at one of Logan’s four passenger terminals. You will then need to get off at Silver Line Way (located behind the Manual Life building), cross over from the inbound side to the outbound side track and get on an SL2 Bus. Once on the SL2 bus you will then get off at the “Drydock Avenue” stop. The cruise terminal is on Black Falcon Avenue, across from the Design Center.If you have additional questions, or want information on fares and schedules, call (800) 392-6100 or check the MBTA’s website at MBTA Schedules and Maps.
- What is the earliest I can arrive at the cruise terminal for my cruise?
Embarking passengers can enter the terminal as early as 10:30am for security screening and ticketing. Passenger boarding usually starts around 12 noon. NOTE: there are no food or beverage services at the terminal.
- Where is the closest Amtrak station to the cruise terminal?
South Station is the closest Amtrak station. Getting to the cruise terminal from South Station is easily done by taking a taxi or the MBTA’s Silver Line Rapid Transit Bus Service (the SL2 route, getting off at the “Drydock Avenue” stop).
- How far of a walk is it from the bus stop to the cruise terminal?
The Silver Line (Drydock Avenue stop) is roughly a two minute walk.
- If I am traveling with a handicapped person should I park the car first?
There is no handicapped parking at the cruise terminal itself. You will need to drop off the individual and luggage at the cruise terminal first. If needed, you can request a wheel chair from the cruise line's representatives to help you get the individual onto the ship. Once your passenger is dropped off, you may proceed to the parking garage* located across the street. It is roughly a 5-minute walk back to the terminal.
*There is a 5-level parking garage located directly across the street from the cruise terminal, and cruise passengers receive a special rate of $20 per day with a valid cruise ticket. For hourly rates, you will need to contact the BRA/EDIC Garage directly at (617) 482-2487.
- Can I bring alcohol onboard my cruise ship?
You must check your cruise line's policy for what they allow onboard.
- What are the hotels closest to the cruise terminal?
- How can I get a job at the cruise terminal?
Part-time employment positions at the cruise terminal are contracted out by the cruise lines. You will need to call Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services at (305) 373-5011 for more information.
- If I am picking someone up at the cruise terminal, can I park there and wait until they get off the ship?
There is no parking at the cruise terminal itself, and no designated area to pull over and wait.
You may park and wait at Cruiseport Boston’s Cruiseport Cell Phone Lot located minutes from the terminal at 22 FID Kennedy Avenue just east of the intersection with Tide Street. The route is well marked with blue and yellow roadway signs. If possible, it is best to make contact with your party by cell phone before leaving the lot to pick them up.
- Am I able to rent a car at the cruise terminal?
There are no rental car agencies located at the cruise terminal. Logan Airport’s Rental Car Center houses most major car rental companies [full list].
- Can I leave my luggage at the cruise terminal while I go sightseeing for the day?
Due to security restrictions luggage cannot be stored at the cruise terminal..
- Once I get off the ship how can I get to downtown Boston?
If you don’t book a ship-sponsored tour, your respective cruise line does offer a shuttle bus service for a fee that will take you downtown. You can also take a taxi, or use public transportation. The closest rapid-transit subway station is South Station where you connect to the Red Line. You can get to South Station by taking a taxi or the MBTA’s Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit Service (the SL2 route, getting on at the Drydock Avenue stop). If you feel adventurous, you can walk, which takes on average about 30 minutes..
- If I am in a wheelchair or electric scooter am I able to get on a shuttle bus or take a taxi downtown?
The cruise lines contract with a shuttle bus service that can accommodate electric scooters and wheelchairs to take you to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. Most taxis can accommodate a fold-up wheel chair. However, if you are unable to exit your chair or scooter, a terminal operator can call and request a taxi that is handicapped-accessible, subject to availability.
- Who do I call regarding lost luggage or personal items?
For assistance with lost luggage please contact Ports America at (617) 439-7773.
Any personal items found inside or outside the cruise terminal will be given to Massport Police. If you have lost something please call (617) 464-8270 Monday-Friday from 8:00a.m.-2:00p.m.
For any items lost while onboard a vessel, you must contact the cruise line directly.