This sweepstakes is officially closed.
Massachusetts Port Authority Presents
The Worcester College Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
THE PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND ENROLLED IN A PARTICIPATING COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY AS FURTHER DETAILED BELOW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) PROMOTION PERIOD: The Worcester College Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is comprised of two separate entry periods which both start on 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on 11:59:59 PM ET as noted in the chart below (each an “Entry Period”).
Starts at 12:00:01 AM ET
Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are enrolled (as a part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student) at one of the following educational institutions (a “School” or “Institution”) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Assumption College, Becker College, Clark University, College of the Holy Cross, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS University), Quinsigamond Community College, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester Polytechnic Institute of Worcester State University (collectively, the “Participating Institutions”). Employees of the Massachusetts Port Authority (the “Sponsor”) and its respective parent company, related subsidiaries and affiliated companies, Participating Institutions, prize providers, American Airlines, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc., JetBlue Airways Corporation, advertising and promotion agencies including Marden-Kane, Inc. and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively “Released Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households, whether related or not, of the above, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Each entrant (the “Entrant” or “Participant”) by participating in the Promotion agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and by Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrants. By completing and submitting the required information the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (the "Entry").
Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per day. Entries received in excess of the limits stated herein will be void. Once the Entry has been verified, the Entry will be included in the Random Drawing as detailed below in Rule 4. Any Entry information collected for/from the Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Rules.
4) PRIZE DRAWING AND DRAWING SCHEDULE : Three (3) winners per “Drawing Period” will be selected in a random drawing on or about each drawing date indicated in the “Drawing Schedule” below, from among all eligible Entries received by the corresponding Entry deadline. Random drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by each Entry deadline as noted below. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per household throughout the Sweepstakes.
(11:59:59 PM ET)
5) PRIZES: Total of six (6) Grand prizes (three (3) per Drawing Period): Each consisting of two (2) round-trip ticket vouchers (for domestic trip within the 48 contiguous United States) from either American Airlines, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc., or JetBlue Airways Corporation as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand prize: $595. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $3,570. All Prizes will be fulfilled electronically after eligibility, verification and confirmation has been completed.
6) PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No substitutions or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prize may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by winner. Only three (3) Prizes will be awarded per Drawing Period. Transportation to/from the airport, accommodations and meals are not included. Prize also excludes airport parking. Prize consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded.
Tickets and airline vouchers must be used by the expiration date printed thereon. Airline vouchers will not be refunded or redeemable for cash or credit at any time and are subject to all terms and conditions of use therein. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers or tickets or vouchers or tickets not redeemed by the stated expiration date. Lost, stolen or expired tickets or vouchers will not be replaced. Certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Each Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, expressed or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. All details of prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier or any other persons providing any of these services necessitated by same. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
8) GENERAL: All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from a prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Sponsor and/or Administrator will not enter into any correspondence, including email or text, with non-winning entrants. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the Promotion based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities.
9) CONDUCT: By entering into this Promotion and/or receiving a prize, Entrants and the prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. These Official Rules are accessible at FlyWorcesterSweeps.com throughout the Promotion Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Promotion; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Entities as defined in Rule #2 above assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person's computer/mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or download any materials from the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, without further liability to the Entrants or third parties. In the event the Promotion is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. With regard to this Promotion, the Sponsor will only contact those Entrants deemed as potential winners for purposes of clearance and awarding of the prize.
11) ENTRANT AND WINNER RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of Entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, costs, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the online Entry form; (b) submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion; (c) the acceptance, receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of the prize; or (e) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Each Prize winner recipient shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered.
Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and consent to the use of their names, address, photographs, any statements made by Entrants, actual or simulated likenesses, and/or biographical information for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity, throughout the universe, by Sponsor and its designees in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice or further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13) DISPUTES: Any attempt by a person to use multiple e-mail accounts to enter more than once will result in disqualification. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted/used at time of Entry. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry will be declared the winner. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to a username/e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, social networking site or other organization responsible for assigning usernames/e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the username/e-mail address in question. Potential winners may be asked to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with a potential winning Entry. Entry generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
14) GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning), and any and all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts exclusively, and subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Entrants irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have. To the extent allowed by law, Entrants will not be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
15) WINNER ’ S LIST: To receive a copy of the winner’s List, available after March 1, 2022, send an email with subject line: "Worcester Sweepstakes" to email@example.com. All such requests must be received by March 31, 2022.
16) SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Massachusetts Port Authority, One Harborside Drive, Boston Massachusetts, 02128. The Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
American Airlines, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc., JetBlue Airways Corporation. Assumption College, Becker College, Clark University, College of the Holy Cross, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University, Quinsigamond Community College, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Worcester State University are neither participants nor sponsors of this promotion.
Copyright 2020 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.