Benefits of Shipping
Explore the many reasons to choose the Port of Boston and Conley Terminal.
Conley Terminal offers customers many shipping benefits:
- The terminal is located in the heart of 14 million consumers
- Five direct container services connect New England to Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- The terminal has 3,200 feet of berth at a controlling depth of 46 feet (allow for 14M draft)
- It is a fully dedicated terminal on 130 acres with 16 rubber-tire gantry cranes
- There are 240 reefer plugs with additional mobile capacity and 30 acres of equipment repair and storage area
- We have seven ship-to-shore cranes and average crane productivity of 30+ adjusted gross moves per hour
- We maintain low terminal congestion and a 10-lane gate facility with sub-30-minute turn times
- There is a dedicated haul road that provides easy connections for truckers to the national interstate system (I-93, I-90, and I-95 are all less than two miles from the terminal)
- Permitted overweight container routes allow gross vehicle weights up to 88,000 lbs.