Photo of the Week
June 29 - July 5, 2015
Worcester Regional Airport is proud to celebrate the opening of the newly renovated Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) station at Worcester Regional Airport (ORH). The project, partially funded with $3 million from the FAA and $2.5 million from Massport, is another safety enhancement made since Massport took ownership of the airport in 2010.
Upgrades to the facility include:
- Renovated the existing Old Tower Building into an ARFF Station that will meet current FAA ARFF Program Guidelines;
- Provided much needed repairs to the building envelope and replacement of deteriorated building systems;
- A full remediation of the building to remove all hazardous materials and demolish the obsolete Control Tower to make way for a new roof for the entire building;
- Bigger bays better accommodate larger and more modern safety equipment including two (2) 3,000 gallon ARFF vehicles
- Office space for essential airport safety and security functions, staff, offices and equipment
- New interior layout designed to meet FAA standards for ARFF structures.
- New doors and windows to improve energy efficiency within the building;