The security measures mandated by the FAA and Massport's enhanced security initiatives will require Logan's travelers to be aware of changes in airport parking, baggage check-in and security screening. The new procedures will require extra travel time, and most important, patience from Logan's passengers.
The following is a list of helpful tips for traveler's to ease their trip through Logan Airport. Travelers should check with their airlines before heading to the airport. A complete listing of airline contact information can be found on massport.com.
In addition, travelers should also:
- Confirm flight information with your airline before departing for Logan. Don't assume your flight is scheduled per your exisiting ticket. Contact your airline first.
- Take public transportation to Logan. Parking at Logan will be extremely limited now due to the indefinite closure of the Terminal B garage. Logan offers a variety of convenient ground transportation options. For more information, please call (800)23-LOGAN or TTY (800)262-3335 or follow the links below;
- Logan Express: Bus service from Braintree, Framingham, Woburn and Peabody;
- Logan Dart: Bus service between downtown financial district to Logan Airport via the Ted Williams Tunnel;
- Airport Water Shuttle: Boat service between Logan and Rowes Wharf (617)330-8680 ;
- Harbor Express: Boat service between Quincy Shipyard and Logan (617)376-8417 ;
- City Water Taxi On-Call: Boat service thoughout Boston Harbor (617)422-0392 ;
- MBTA Blue Line: Train service with free shuttle bus service between the Airport MBTA station and all Logan Terminals (617)222-3200 .
- Taxi Service.
Please also note the following:
- Curbside parking will not be allowed. Any unauthorized vehicle parked within 300 feet of a terminal will be towed. Pick-up and drop-off is discouraged.
- Curbside check-in has been discontinued for domestic and international flights.
- Proper identification is always required; a valid driver's license or other identification for domestic flights; passport for international. Please check these requirements with your airline or travel agent before you arrive at Logan.
- Arrive at Logan well in advance of your flight time: 120 minutes for both domestic and international flights.
Only ticketed passengers will be allowed through security checkpoints.
- Knives of any type, regardless of blade length or composition, will not be allowed through security. This includes pocket knives, key chain knives and retractable blades.
- Be aware of all behavior and comments while you are traveling through a high security area.
Public service representatives are available throughout the terminals to assist you with any questions and comments.