During the upcoming holiday travel period, (Dec.21-29) Massport will have plenty of parking available for travelers.
Based on airline projections, more than 400,000 passengers will fly through Logan Airport this holiday week, peaking on Sunday, December 29.
Massport advises the traveling public to get to Logan about 30 minutes earlier than usual.
Smart Travel Tips:
- Check with the airlines for accurate flight information or click onto Flight Information at Massport.com .
- Make sure you have your tickets and picture identification in your possession before leaving for Logan.
- Do not wrap gifts. They could be opened by federal security personnel.
- Remember, you are only allowed to take two items through the security checkpoints; one carry on and one personal item like a purse or laptop computer.
- Remove all metal items that could set-off metal detectors and place them in the containers available before the security checkpoint. Also, be prepared to remove jackets.
- Have your tickets and identification ready for inspection before getting to the checkpoint.
- If traveling on US Airways, be advised that boarding passes will not be issued in the gate area. They must be obtained at the ticket counter or at the check-in kiosks located near the ticket counter.
For more information tune into 1650AM on your radio dial, call 1-800-23-LOGAN, or continue visiting the web site.