"The 2004 Democratic National Convention will be a tremendous showcase for our great capital city, highlighting Boston's status as a premier national and international metropolis. The Massachusetts Port Authority, along with the airlines and the entire aviation community, stands ready to make this event a success for our visitors and our city. Mayor Menino and Senator Kennedy, along with many others, deserve credit for their commitment to this important undertaking."
In June, Coy gave a presentation to DNC selection committee members detailing:
- a modern, convenient Logan International Airport by 2004 with climate-controlled moving walkways; expanded parking; world-class hotels; brand new, expanded roadways and improved signage and landscaping,
- Logan's proximity to downtown Boston,
- the 50 airlines that compete at Logan to provide nonstop service to almost 70 cities, more than 25 states, Hanscom
- Field in Bedford as a premier airport for handling corporate jet activity and charter flights with first-class customer service and convenience,
- a staff experienced in handling large events such as Major League Baseball's All-Star Game, golf's Ryder Cup and the annual Boston Marathon with additional services and expanded transportation alternatives.