Since 1996 Massport and the Central Artery have been constructing the framework for a new two-level roadway system that will reduce congestion on Logan's roadways and help passengers arrive at the their terminal quickly and conveniently.
When completed, the new roadway system will consist of an upper level for departures and a lower level for arrivals. All parking will be accessed from the roadway on the lower/arrivals level.
Construction of the upper level roadway is phased in two parts: the inbound roadway (entering Logan) and the outbound roadway (exiting Logan).
On Sunday, November 11, a section of the inbound roadway will open. If you are dropping off passengers at Terminals B, C or E take the upper level roadway. If you are departing Terminal A or D take the lower level roadway. If you are parking your car, remain on the lower level roadway.
The new inbound roadway will split (just after Harborside Drive) to separate arriving and departing traffic. The changes will make it easier to navigate Logan and eliminate the sharp turns on the inbound roadway. It will also make way for the next detour, a direct connection between the Ted Williams Tunnel and Route 1A for non-airport traffic.
To help make the new system easier to navigate, Massport advises you plan ahead and let the signs guide you to your destination. What you need to know before you head to Logan:
- Do you want to go directly to Central Parking, or to your terminal?
- Which terminal is your airline located in?
- Do you want to go to the departure level (upper) or arrivals level (lower) of your terminal?
Entering the airport from Route 1A/ Callahan Tunnel
- Stay right at the new split for Terminal B, C departures.
- Stay right for Terminal E.
- Stay left for Terminals B and C arrivals.
- Stay left for Terminal A and D.
- To access the Central Garage, simply stay to the left and follow signs for parking/ arrivals.
Entering the airport from Ted Williams Tunnel
- To access the terminals and parking, drivers should still use the Logan exit ramp inside the tunnel (right side exit).
- Stay left for Terminal B, C departures.
- Stay left for Terminal E.
- Stay right for Terminals B and C arrivals.
- Stay right for Terminal A and D.
Airport Hilton Hotel:
- Effective November 11, the Logan Hilton Hotel will be accessed via Harborside Drive. A new access road provides a direct connection from Harborside Drive to the hotel.
Exiting the airport from Harborside Drive:
- Exit the airport via the new access road on Harborside Drive. This allows you to bypass the terminal area and exit the airport quickly.
- Please be aware that the airport roadway u-turn will shift to the right of its current location.
- Travelers may still u-turn at the airport MBTA station.