Massport officials today announced that use of the three Logan Express services increased by over 8% percent in 2000, reaching an all-time high of 1.1 million travelers.
"Airports like Logan are setting the standard for efficient and environmentally friendly access to air travel. HOV transportation makes sense for our customers and our neighbors," said Massport Executive Director and CEO Virginia Buckingham. "We made great strides this past year increasing the variety of HOV services and promoting the alternatives to travelers."
Some of the ground transportation highlights for 2000 include:
- Logan Express ridership exceeded 1.1 million passengers, and 8.1% increase over 1999.
- Construction is nearly complete for a new Regional Transportation Center in Woburn. The new facility will house a more convenient Woburn Logan Express and provide expanded parking facilities.
- Massport is close to selecting a site for a fourth Logan Express service on the North Shore.
- Massport started a new direct shuttle service, the Logan DART, with service every 15 minutes between South Station and Logan's terminals.
- Massport reduced the fee charged to water transportation companies from $1.50 per passenger to $0.75 per passenger to support growth in water transportation service to Logan. The water transportation companies which currently serve Logan Airport are the Airport Water Shuttle, Harbor Express and the Water Taxi.
- Massport offered half-price discounts on roundtrip ticket purchases on Logan Express, Airport Water Shuttle and Logan Direct for peak travel periods like Thanksgiving, the December holidays and school vacations. Over 50,000 people took advantage of the discount program in 2000.
From December 18-January 2, more than 51,000 travelers used Logan Express, an 18% increase over 1999. Another 2,921 travelers used the Airport Water Shuttle, an increase of 42% over last year.
Overall, ridership of the Braintree Logan Express service was 505,619, an increase of 11.3%, Framingham Logan Express served 406,068 passengers, an increase of 6.7% and Woburn carried 223,266 passengers and increase of 3.7%.
"The numbers prove that if you give travelers convenient service at an affordable price, they will choose HOV service," said Buckingham.
|Logan Express Ridership|